Problem with geforce4

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by wassup_ken, May 2, 2002.

1. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

i just got a geforce4, installed it & i see nothing on the screen. the monitor light turns orange (as if the computers off & monitors on) and when i switch back to my old video card its fine, anyone know what the problem is? i know i installed it properly.
    also, what are some cards that are about equals to the Geforce4? thanks
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

um as of right now no card is truly equal to a geforce 4 TI...closest would be a Radeon 8500 128mb...

make sure the card is FIRMLY plugged into the mobo...also what is your current card and is your mobo AGP 2.0 compliant
  3. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

i'm not sure about AGP 2.0, i think i have AGP 1.0 =( and i firmly did place it, but its probably not working cuz i have agp 1.0
  4. LightWave

LightWave OSNN Addict

could be that ur motherboard doesnt support g-force 4... ive heard some issues about that.. not just on older mobos.. but infact on pretty new ones 2...

5. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

Ok, thanks, do you guys know any video cards that are AGP 1.0 compliant? thanks!
  6. I have an MSI KT333 (new) motherboard, and it will not work with my new Geforce4 ti4400 video card. However, I would also consider the possibility of a bigger power supply, since you didn't mention what PSU you are using now. From what I've read, you should have at least 350W with the Geforce4.