Problem with an abit mobo

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by WuGgaRoO, Jul 26, 2002.

1. WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO Guest

ok i have an Abit IT7, but i always get this silly error. It literally makes no sense
    this is what i get

"bios rom checksum error
    error in keyboard or missing keyboard"

i got an enermax 350 watt psu, so i doubt its that and my keyboard is plugged into the usb port (since its a usb only mobo) i have a microsoft natural keyboard pro

2. it has no ps/2 ports at all? using a usb mouse and keyboard.? never changed the bios ?

3. WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO Guest

4. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

I was going to get that board, try switch your K&M around, and putting them in the top primary slots. Check advanced bios for where it should "always" detect.

5. chance maybe wrong bios and prob started after update? intel made a usb only 810 board with special bios not to look for ps/2 ports...... but would take any flash and if wrong one would.....

maybe keyboard went bad... stranger things have happened

6. WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO Guest

well...so far the second to last poster was right. I followed his advice. I changed the posistion of the keyboard and the mouse and put it in usb set 1. I shut off my comp for an hour plus, came back and i did not get the error....

7. WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO Guest

NOPE!!! that didnt work...grrr..does anyone else have any suggestions?

8. WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO Guest

Could this by anychance be caused by the powersupply?

9. WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO Guest

i believe i played around with that and set it to manual and then i gave the usb its own irq. but if i didnt then i sure will

10. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Maybe a new driver for the USB?
    If it's not the newest now. Update it???