problem linking three computers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ejn74, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

I have 3 computers. one laptap(XP home) and 2 desktops(xp pro and 2K). the one with 2k on it is my fileserver. It is connected through the other desktop which is connected to the router wirelessly. is there a way to make it possible to get the laptop to see the fileserver. The Desktop that is connected wirelessly to the router sees both with no problems.

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

If you have a router with wireless why would one computer be connected through another? Why dont you just connect each one to the router? Or have I missunderstood something?

3. ejn74

money is tight. it would be a great solution though.

4. LPDad

LPDad OSNN Addict

There are always problems wheniver I have tried to connect a W2K machine to XP. My XP machines easily connect (through a router) to Win98 and Even Win95 machines, and the XP machines all work well together, but as soon as I add a Win2K to the mix then Everything has trouble seeing the 2K. Wish I had an easy solution for you...but I don't...I just gave up on the Idea in the past.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
    ejn74 likes this.
  5. ejn74

If I had more memory for it it would be running xp. although it is only a fileserver so speed really isn't an issue is it? It isn't used for anything else 'cept folding. I might just reload it after it finish the 600 pt gromac it is crunching.