Problem installing Theme

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Smoke286, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Smoke286

Smoke286 Smokeater

Hey , I have a question, I'm trying to install a theme, these are the instructions:

If you got NTFS on your system..

1.- In WINDOWS.. place this 4 files and the "RUNTHIS" directly in C:\ (you can delete them later,so don't worry)
    2.- boot with your windows XP CD
    3.- use the REPAIR tool insted of the install one.. and you'll be taken to a command prompt..
    4.- type "batch RUNTHIS.exe" then hit enter
    5.- There should be a messege were all 4 files had been copied..
    6.- Reboot & enjoy

When I do it I get the following message: The system cannot find the file or directory specified.

since the files are there including the ms-dos batch file I'm kind of confused

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Geez, that's a heck of a way to have to install a theme! I'm not sure what the problem is, but where did you get this from? You might want to check out Wincustomize.

3. Smoke286

Smoke286 Smokeater

It came from Theme XP, its new to me also

4. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Hmm, I wouldn't go that far to install a theme. I don't imagine that things would be much easier in order to uninstall it.

6. Smoke286

Smoke286 Smokeater

I do have Style XP but it cant install this, whatever way its written

7. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Most likely the problem is that when booting to the recovery console you are at the C:\Windows> command prompt. You'll have to change directory to go to the C:> prompt to execute the file. Type cd C:\ and hit enter to do this.

Wouldn't try it before I were absolutely sure what this batch file is supposed to do. It is at least a very unusual way to install a theme.

What are the file names and what commands are in this batch or whatever it is file? The BATCH command in the recovery console usually looks for a text file.

8. Smoke286

Smoke286 Smokeater

Its suppose to put the full Longhorn theme on your machine, its been on Theme XP for a couple of weeks and has been d/l a couple of thousand times, if it was something harmful you'd think they would have removed it by now, perhaps I should ask on the forums there if anyone has had a problem with it. It is an unusually way to install a theme, but I was figuring if I created a restore point just before I did it I would be fairly safe.