problem burning dvd files

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by IDLE, Aug 23, 2005.

1. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

i have been having some trouble burning some vob files to a dvd and played back on a dvd player. my problem is that when playing the dvd the video freezes and 3-6 seconds later it unfreezes but looses its place where it froze. i have tried different typs of cd's and different speeds. i am using nero burning rom. anyone have any idea why this happens?

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Just use DvD shrink instead, site has gone as author now works for Nero full time.

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/DVDShrink.zip

Cannot guarantee how long it will last for on server so, make sure you keep a copy of it.

3. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

well im not talking about my "own" dvd's

i use dvd srink as well.

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

mmmm..... If you're talking about DvD's you purchased or rent, then it may be a problem with your DvD player as I have had this experience on two of the thousands of DvD's we own in our home, played on a DvD player under T.V..

If it's DvD's that are blank I use Mr DvD and some I got from amazon.co.uk cheap in a 100 spindle made by Hi Space, I have burnt 900 and not one has buggered up, but.....if you are talking about your DvD writer, player on your maching, then it might be a problem with the player, software or device for playing DvD's.

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

tried updating your firmware?

6. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

is this while watching your copied dvd in your home dvd player ?? If so, the prblemis more than like the fact that it don't support the type of dvd you used .. Most players either support +r or -r. Some, like mine, will play anything you throw at it. I would check to see which one yours supports and go from there ..

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

johnny those are only acient dvd players though like 3 or 4 years old, but if thats what he has then thats probably the problem

8. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

no my dvd player can play just about anything. but i think i found the problem. i was DL at the same time i was copying and that was causing the "pause" when watching the movie on my dvd player. ill now have to rewrite those....

9. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

no my dvd player can play just about anything. but i think i found the problem. i was DL at the same time i was copying and that was causing the "pause" when watching the movie on my dvd player. ill now have to rewrite those....

10. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

If you buy a cheap dvd player now, posibilities are that it won't play both +R and -R. It will only play one or the other ...I just bought a dvd player about a month ago. It will only play +R disk. It will not play -R,mp3, jpeg, cdr, cdrw etc. I tried to play a -R, all it did was skip and sputter threw the movie. Every once in a while it would even lock up.. Other disks, it will give a invlaid cd error while trying to play it ...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  11. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

The Cheapest ones available play the most stuff. My cheap ass APEX will eat anything, whereas the sig. other's SONY is a little bitch sometimes (4 years old mafia ;) )

12. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

mine is a $50 dollar pioneer thats a year old and wil even play movies on Cd-r

13. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

If I burned dvd pauses or skips as it plays, I tend to think that it is cheap media. It's tough to get a good quality burn with alot of the burners and cheap ass media out there.