Printer sharing with a password?

What if I am just in a workgroup and not in a domain? Will that be ok?

Thank you very much for the help btw. :)

If you are in a workgroup, then you will have to do what I said earlier by adding users to your PC, etc., that last addition with the domain name only works if you are connectted to a domain.

Just remember, if these people are remote users, when you add them to your PC, do NOT make them administrators, a limited user account is fine, as long as all you want to allow them to do is print.

No problem, glad to help :eek:

ok cool... now can I be on a domain instead of a workgroup if i just have thse two computers networked with a crossover cable or does there have to be some sort of main domain server?

If you connected to the University network, you would probably be on a domain. Ther eis a centralized Domain Controller and that is why you do not have to add the user to your PC. If you are direct connecting then that is a workgroup, unless the other PC is a 2000 Advanced Server setup as a DC (my guess is that it is not :)

You guessed correctly. :) I should be able to get this set up fine when I get to school now. Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back