Printer Installation!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by JANABAD, Mar 9, 2007.

1. JANABAD

JANABAD OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi there!
    I'm having problems installing my printer on to my computer. Its a new computer (emachine windows vista) as well as the printer. Is there a certain type of printer that needs to be installed with vista or can I install any? I've been having problems since I bought the darn thing last week. I've also tried uninstalling it, but , it won't let me. The first time I installed it, it said installation complete, ready to use. But, everytime I click'd the test page button, I get a popup window saying that there was an error 0000006 or something like that. I also checked to see if it was in the start option, I wasn't able to locate it. It is so frustrating, making me want to go back to windowsxp.. Someone help please!:cry:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

You can find Printers by going to the Control Panel - Start > Control Panel -> Printers.

Is your device listed here?

3. JANABAD

JANABAD OSNN One Post Wonder

HI,
    THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I KNOW WHERE ALL THAT IS AT, I ALSO WENT THROUGH THE CHOOSE YOUR PRINTER PROCESS. NOTHING IS WORKING. ITS STILL NOT LETTING ME UNINSTALL IT. IM READY TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW..:devious: HELP!

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

You need to go to the printer and or Microsoft site and make sure that printer has drivers that have been certified for use with Vista.

Hardware manufacturers have been very slow to build and certify drivers for Vista. If the drivers are not ready there is nothing to do but wait or see if you can exchange that printer for one that has Vista certified drivers.

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Lexmark released mine on Friday the 9th . X1195 4 in 1 so as stated you need to locate the drivers for Vista