pretty basic stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jamespond

This might seem like basic stuff to alot of people on here but i dont know if i have a firewall on my pc. I am running XP and as far as i know it has a firewall built in(doesnt it). Secondly if it has a firewall built in how do i know if it is on. I read that i have to right clik my internet connection in the "veiw network connections" folder and it should be on the menu that appears but it isnt there and i cant get the properties window up off my internet connection. I am connected using AOOOOOL and i was told i cant change their properties. Also is it really neccessary t have a firewall.

If XP doesnt have one built in i do apologise for wasting your time.

thank you:D :D

Sorry one more thing is i use kazaa quite alot which why i am trying to find this out.

And is kazza the best p2p program????????????

and no, kazaa, is the worst, search this site for better solutions

james, to view your properties in network connections, or my network places, be sure you have Network Location Awareness enabled in your services.

For dealer: have you tried the kazaalite yet, buddy?...it's really cool. I was skeptical at first, but I'm enjoying it, sapyware free and much much quicker to load.:)

Network Location Awareness is enabled but still nothing but gonzo says the fire wall wont work with aol anyway?????
It seems i do need a firewall so if i cant use the one that comes with XP what other options do i have?????

I have tried kazaalite but found it very slow when downloading as im only using a modem.

if you are using dial up there is really no need for a firewall because everytime you dial up you get a new ip address..firewalls are good if you have a dynamic ip address and use broadband which is always connected.

To be honest with you, the problems i had using aol alone with things like messenger file transfers or outlook just couldnt figure out where the net connection was with a firewall there, all this thanks to aol using there own buggy wan adapter that as always hides itself away so you cant see it. sygate firewall seemed to work best with aol "aohell".

well i got DSL now..

just got to try and find the post on how to uninstall all aol componants. $&*(£$£$%^&

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back