Power of Together - Free Vista / Office 2007

apu: RTM = Release To Manufacturer. there is no second RTM. lol.

I'm still assuming we'll get them sometime around Vista's release or shortly beforehand.

I'm excited I won something and all, but in all honestly I dont know if I will actually use it. At least not right away, Vista really has nothing that interests me. In all honesty it has more things that will keep me away. Most likely I will wait for the third party tweaks and tricks and what not to start coming out after launch. (there might already be some, idk)

well.... didn't technically "win" it. lol. Winning it would be like.... being chosen out of a few hundred thousand people..... like how i'm hoping to win the one computer they have in a giveaway on TigerDirect.

well.... didn't technically "win" it. lol. Winning it would be like.... being chosen out of a few hundred thousand people..... like how i'm hoping to win the one computer they have in a giveaway on TigerDirect.
lol, i just entered it, and on the last day :)
If i win it i will take it apart, keep the graphics card, and the hdds, and sell the rest.

if i win it.... i'll probably keep the CPU.... and the video card (maybe)..... maybe the memory..... maybe the case.... and sell my current rig.

Woo! Got my copy from this in the mail today! :)

Came in a nondescript mania envelope postmarked from Microsoft.

Woo! Got my copy from this in the mail today! :)

Came in a nondescript mania envelope postmarked from Microsoft.

Awesome! I'm curious if its OEM or Retail, hopefully its retail. Congrats Fitz :)

As I said, it came in a non-descript manila envelope. Looks like it is a retail DVD but without the new/full packaging. Packaging just came in a cardboard sleeve inside the envelope but it looks to be the full retail DVD of Vista Business.

If I had my camera here at work, I'd take a picture and upload it.. but, as my camera is at home at the moment.. that may have to wait.

aaw.... i was really lookin foward to the new case. :(

DAMN U MS!!!!!111!1

oh well.... free windows is free windows... no matter how you look at it.

I'm at work right now, I'm dying to know if I got my copy today. Hopefully it will be there when I get home, it will give me something new and fun to work on.

Update:

Ok, I got mine! Woo, I'm gonna snap some pics.

Last edited:
Ok, here are the pics I just took. I resized them by 50% so they arent massive.

The Envelope it came in, not very exciting.

Little Better :)

Money Shot.

Ok, here are the pics I just took. I resized them by 50% so they arent massive.

The Envelope it came in, not very exciting.

Little Better :)

Money Shot.
This sux.
I want one :(

damnit... now i'm hoping mine comes tomorrow. when i saw your pics i was thinking "oh god.... don't tell me that it's stuck to the cardboard somehow..."

Fitz: when you said "cardboard sleeve", i thought you meant like the usual paper CD sleeves, cept a bit thicker. those sleeves aren't that bad. you should see the huge sleeving pack i got with the Office 2003 beta 2 kit. THAT.. was a lot of sleeving. if you want i could take pics of that to show you, unless you've already seen it before or have it.

That's awesome guys. Congratulations.

That's pretty nice. Beats the look of my green MSDN discs, at least. ;P
I need to get my hands on that black Ultimate DVD case somehow...

Beats the look of my orange Partner discs and black TechNet Plus discs.

hell, i'd be happy with ANY of the retail cases. those things are neat how they pop out to the side like that.

Well she's up and running now! woo, this is my first experience with vista. I have to say I dig it so far. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back