Power Mac G5 Video

These new 970 chips should set that right though and put Apple back on top :) [/B]

for about 3 months, then spend 2 years in the shadows again :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Oh it can, how do you think my monitor got here? :D :p

wooooahhhh! :eek: what is max storage for ur mail? :p
i want 1 also..... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GoNz0
for about 3 months, then spend 2 years in the shadows again :)

Aye, but we should let them have their moment.. It's been a long time coming ;)

ROFL, fact still remains the mac is for posers, it looks cool and cant do much at all.

It can do what a PC can do. It just can't do it as fast as Apple claims.
As I've said before I absolutely love OS X, I think it's great, and I would like a G5 to run it on, I have no problem with Apple macs or x86, I'll use one or the other, at the end of the day as long as I can acheive what I want (be that to write an essay in word or just play some mp3s) then whatever machine can do that for me will suffice.

Here's my comment about that article on the site I found it at
Absolutely Hilarious!
I love it when Mac users get offended if people diss their “culture” or whatever.

The fact is that this guy has shown some of the flaws in Apples benchmarks, he’s not saying the G5 will run like a 66MHz 486, he’s simply saying that the G5 is not as good as apple claim it to be.

Some of the peoples reactions are plain ridiculous, it’s pathetic, if someone called my AMD slow, I’d just agree with them, it is slow, whats the point in arguing.. the machine does what I want it to, even though its not a 3.2GHz Pentium 4.

Originally posted by Zedric
Yep. Number tweaking. Yummy. :)

the numbers were completely legit :)

they tweaked compiler :D

basically it handicapped the p4 setup's allowing apple to SEEM faster...

I wonder if cnn has pie on their face after claiming this to be the worlds fastest desktop :cool:

Some of you guys make me sick. The same people that are here bashing Apple for their benchmarking probably live and die with their nVidia cards.

The truth is both platforms are great for what they are designed for. If you want to run multimedia heavy apps then get the new G5. If you want to run the latest games then get yourself the latest X86 based PC.

IBM has promised Apple that they will be able to produce the 3GHz G5 chip in mass quantities within twelve months. So much for the "They will just fall behind again" ignorance. The lack of advancement was due to Apple using the Motorola PowerPC in the past.

No-ones said anything against the mac.. what's your problem?

No-ones said anything against the mac.. what's your problem?

Read the thread again....
Originally posted by GoNz0
ROFL, fact still remains the mac is for posers, it looks cool and cant do much at all.

Ah, sorry then. :)

My honest and blunt opinion : Macs are for people who want to use them, Windows is for people who want to use that, Linux is for people who want to use Linux, BSD is... you get the idea ;)

When it comes down to it things like this could be argued for hours on end, it's a matter of preference.

Ah, sorry then. :)

My honest and blunt opinion : Macs are for people who want to use them, Windows is for people who want to use that, Linux is for people who want to use Linux, BSD is... you get the idea ;)

When it comes down to it things like this could be argued for hours on end, it's a matter of preference.

true_dat.gif

:D

it's a matter of preference.

Exactly. It just pisses me off when people ake blanket statements. I do not know why it does, since all it does is show their ignorance, but it does.

Because its a generalisation with no backup or evidence.

For example "Windows sucks" some will agree, some wont, but people dis/agree for their own reasons. Personally, I love windows, use it every day, sure it crashes once every so often, and it costs a bit to buy, but hell, without it I'd be stuffed :)

If people just make an empty statement, then it may aswell of not been said :)

Originally posted by Sazar
the numbers were completely legit :)

they tweaked compiler :D

basically it handicapped the p4 setup's allowing apple to SEEM faster...
The means are different.
The effect is the same.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back