Possible IE problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DLK55, Mar 10, 2005.

1. DLK55

DLK55 OSNN Junior Addict

Having solved defrag and tools options problem with help from you folks here I have a new problem. When I visit certain websites and click some links I used to get, I now get what seems to be like hitting the Home key and not the link. I contacted the sites manager and was told it may be due to not having Java enabled in my options/advanced settings. I do not see any java mentioned in my current advanced tab settings. I am running XP Home sp2 but thinking my fix earlier might have loaded sp1 options? Also should mention used sfc /scannow in one of the fixes. Can I or should I reinstall IE sp2 or is there another way to fix? Also note some advertising links do nothing as well. Thanks...dlk

2. trackrat

trackrat Birmingham UK

3. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Hit up your java control panel, in the control panel. Go to the Browser tab and make sure there is a check there for MS IE.

4. DLK55

DLK55 OSNN Junior Addict

Great, problem corrected..Thank-you Trackrat for the link, it worked for me. and to Mastershakes..I did not have Java control panel in my control panel. Also, in the Java control panel I downloaded (Java 5) there is no browser tab unless I misunderstood your post. In the internet options/advanced tab there is now a coffee cup Icon where there was none before this fix. So far this forum is three for three (3 for 3) in helping fix my problems, great great great!