PoP: Sands of Time

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Teddy, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Wow!!!

Been playing it for a few minutes...it's incredible!!! Stunning graphics and animation....very impressed so far!!

2. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

3. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Do you have a link to it?

4. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

5. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Looks good. Going to check it out. Thanks.

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i couldn't warrant buying it after me mate finished it in 1 evening.

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

It's an awesome game I've heard.

8. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

1 evening? did he play nonstop? ...wow, might want to find your mate a lady or something of that nature :p

yea, its a fun game, and it warrants some attention especially because of all the crap that has been coming out recently - is a nice break from all the carbon copy games

9. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I was playing it at the store, lol. I think its pretty cool. The style of the whole thing is great! The graphics just top it off!

10. Hsn

Hsn King

i had to make a difficult choice between SSX3 and POP: Sand of Time.... in the end i got SSX 3.... it is good too....... but i will get POP next time..... :)

11. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I wouldn't be surprised if someone with nothing to do for a day finished this game in one sitting. It's short ... I'm stuck at 62% now ... but I got there in two days ... two sittings of maybe 2 hours each.

12. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

My @ss!! ;) You make the game sound easy and short....it's not either!

Its a brilliant game..something to challenge the mind rather than the reflexes for a change.

13. Resonance

Resonance Guest

No a bad game... Finshed it in one day? I don't think even the above average person can do that. Took me three days and that involved alot of time. Grant it, I'm not the smartest person around...

Only grip about the game was the camera. It had a tendency to move in particular angles ( about any angle I didn't want it to). I understand why now NWNs does not have functioning ceilings....

Too many fight scene of me just stairing at a pillar, or trying to jump between walls blindly. But I do agree, the graphics are incredible, and it was fun. Jus a few small glitches here and there that can cause alot of fustration. But what game is perfect?

-res

14. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Agree with ya there Resonance, sums it up nicely. Hopefully a patch will sort out those occasional dodgy camera angles!

15. vern

I never said the game wasn't good. I said the game was short. That it certainly is. The game's length is not a problem to me, but it's an issue that everyone who has played and finished says. Ever since Max Payne 1, there have been many short games that have come out. The puzzles early on are very easy, and with the flybys in every new area and your visions ... everything is a lot easier. Easy is not bad ... easy in this sense means accessable instead of frustrating. Anyone should be able to finish the game in around 15 hours. People who have a knack of playing games fast and moving on will probably finish it in 11-13 hours.

16. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Exactly!! Now back to your original quote of "two sittings of maybe 2 hours each". Using my advanced mathematical skills that makes 4 hours. Make ya mind up lad! :p

17. vern

Did I ever say I finished it? There goes your mathematical skills. I don't know why you'd assume that I'd actually brag about how fast I go through a game. I didn't know there were any kids in 7th grade in the forums.

18. draconus1987

draconus1987 OSNN One Post Wonder

Anyone know how to get it running on Vista? I love the game and miss it dearly :(

19. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

One thread resurrection is plenty to ask your question. Please refrain from spamming the same question in different threads.