please help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by naheed, Jun 28, 2002.

1. naheed

naheed Guest

my computer is sitting at 41 cpu idle and the chassis is at 37, what are the best ways to set up the fans. I have a volcano 7 and 3 case fans. Should i getmore? What is the best way to arrange them for optimal cooling?

2. naheed

naheed Guest

how would i cool down the chasis some more?

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

u can use software to decrease temperatures : like SpeedFan at www.almico.com . U can play there with Vcore and voltage you will be happy , be careful !

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

despite your 3 case fans, your case is too hot... where are the case fans located? any that are in back or top should be blowing out... any in front should be blowing in... and any on the side should depend on what your other fans are doing. let us know.

5. naheed

naheed Guest

i have one on the front blowing in and one on the back blowing out. I have a smaller one blowing in as well. I have an msi board and the rumor is that the temp sensor is near the video card. Is this true?

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

it should tell you in the book that came with your mobo. what kind of msi board do you have?

7. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

37C for a chassis temp ain't all that high really, in my opinion. It's only 98.6 F and that temp won't cause any problems, nothing to be too worried about. It could just mean the sensor probe on that motherboard is placed in a not so ideal location.

8. jvjb1983

jvjb1983 Guest

37 Celcius is a good temperature to be at. I wouldn't complain since I've seen systems run perfectly stable at 50 Celcius.