Playstation controller mod??help

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by wolfshade2002, Mar 7, 2003.

1. I know this may be a old mod but i would like to mod one of my playstation dual shock controllers to use on my computer. I have a spare usb cable hanging around and a controller left over from when i sold my playstation. Is there anyplace that has a mod and drivers? Ive looked but I cant find.Anyhelp would be nice (thanks)
  2. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

my cousin modded an xbox controller. i'll PM him to come ot this thread.
  3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Montreal, Quebec
    yeah im his cousin but sorry dont know about the ps controller just about the xbox one
  4. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Well i had a look at the conversion process for a Playstation gamepad to usb connector and unless you are an electronic whizz give it up its way too difficult to do.

The other alternative is to buy a USB adapter like the one Here but at that price you may as well buy a new joypad.

If anyone else has a simple method of conversion without spending cash;) i would too like to know.
  5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

A USB adapter is the best thing to get :)
  6. Thanks All I had seen the xbox controller mod so I just figured someone somewhere had done it to a sony controller.. ahh well looks like im doomed to buy a adapter or just get a new controller I allways liked the psx controller for gameing so i thought it might be easy to mod one. guess i was wrong..
  7. Oh and where did you see that conversion I got a buddy whos a wiz at that stuff he likes a challange..??
  8. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

Montreal, Canada
  9. Hey thanks Apu95 I think i can get this to work for me.. Its just what i was looking for.. And thanks all
  10. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

did you read that the driver is not direct x compatible:) meaning it wont work on d-x games
  11. Plexapotamus

Plexapotamus Guest

actually I think it said