PlayStation 2 problem

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by ElementalDragon, Jun 22, 2003.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Well, i'm not exactly sure if this is a good site to put this, but it's only site i really know of with people i can trust. anyway, a friend of mine is having a problem with his PS2. I was over there today, and we tried playing GTA: Vice City (and no, it is a legit version). Started playing it, and about 5 minutes later, the game freezes. tried again, the game froze in less than 5 minutes. Does anyone here happen to know why it does this? Is it normal or is there a way to fix it?

2. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

try cleaning the laser with on of those cleaning kits. make sure it isnt in a crap place where it gets no air flow.

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

so far it sounds like a heat issue. the rear exhaust fan has a filter on it... actually, it might an intake fan since it has a filter... i can't remember, my ps2 isn't here. anyway, try to blow any dust off that filter.

4. sacred2nite

sacred2nite Guest

GTA VIce City did this on my bro's PS2. It seems to me that it is very sensitive to any tiny marks on CD!

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

well, his CD looks like it's perfect. And it only freezes when playing GTA: Vice City. we played MX Superfly without a problem for a pretty long time.

6. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Its the disc. Exchange it.