Playing via IP address

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by gillmacca, Jan 11, 2005.

1. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

Swindon, UK
    If a game has online multiplayer capabilities, but no option for IP address, is there a way to play it via IP address?

Reason I ask is I have a few friends who on Saturday evening usually have an online game via Ip address, and I have just got Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, that can be played online (via EA Games) or via network, but does not have an option for IP address
  2. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Perhaps they will add this function to the game when they patch it later this month.

In meantime, the software on this site may allow you to get it running, though it looks like it would take awhile to set it up.

"Gamer's Internet Tunnel (GIT) is a free utility to link LANs together over the Internet for network gameplay.
    It can also be used to bridge many configurations of IPX or IPv4 packets and frames from once point to another. Formerlly known as the Gamer's IPX tunnel, GIT now tunnels TCP and UDP ports as well, in order to work with modern games. "
  3. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Minnesota, USA
    There are usually a lot of 3rd party utilities that offer this if it isn't being offered by the game itself. You could try searching around. I remember doing this for both Warcraft 3 and NFS: U.
  4. sickdm

sickdm OSNN One Post Wonder

GIT is probably the best choice. It can be setup to work with virtually any game.

You should also check out - it lets you play almost any game through their servers. To sign up use the invite code "play"
  5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark