Placebo

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by failurbydesign, Dec 4, 2006.

1. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

I stumbled upon this band a few days ago. At first i was very skeptic about the first and only song i heard. So like most cd's b4 i buy em, i download them (To make sure its good). I read a lot of great reviews of the newest cd "MEDS", well once i got my hands on it, i cant get enough!!!! So like the good guy i am, i did go buy it because its a great cd and a great band! Does anyone else like this band, i read they are from England, this band could go far in the US!!!!!!!

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Placebo have been around for ages, you probably know more of their music than you think you do. Am currently really digging Infra-red.

Songs you may well know
    Pure Morning
    Special K
    Protege Moi aka Protect Me From What I Want
    Bitter End
    Bulletproof Cupid
    Nancy Boy
    36 Degrees

Or if you don't know them you should get them ;)

I think you've just triggered my day into a placebo marathon :p

[edit] and I've just got Meds off iTunes now as well, w00. I only had the single of Infra-red so far recently

Ahh, so thats where Pierrot the Clown comes from. I am going to have to kheel my friend who didn't tell me a new album was out. argh :p

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  3. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Yeah Meds is an awesome album, if you like that you should like the album Without You I'm Nothing, it's really cool too. I think the lead singer Brian Molko has some sort of Scottish/American heritage but I could be wrong. Great band.

4. Geffy

Yeah Without You I'm Nothing is a great album. The Sleeping with Ghosts special edition two CD album is pretty good too, some great covers on that.

ray_gillespie likes this.
  5. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

Yea i love the cover of "Running up that hill" or whatever its called IT AMAZING...I may just go out and buy the disco...i love it soo much!!!! I didn't know they where that big, maybe im sheltered, but im a HUGE music fan and surprise didn't find this sooner!!!

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Never heard of them either :p

7. ray_gillespie

Yes! Definitely get the 2CD version if you can find it, the covers are brilliant :)

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Whats the one from Cruel Intentions?

9. ray_gillespie

Every You Every Me was from Cruel Intentions, and is on the Without You I'm Nothing album. Awesome track, and an obvious 'inspiration' for the JJ72 track "Serpent Sky" :)

10. Geffy

Yeah the "Running up that hill" cover is great. I really like the "Where is my Mind" and "Big Mouth Strikes Again" covers too being a Pixies and Smiths fan

11. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Ooh I love Placebo, especially Pure morning, Bitter End and Every You Every Me. Was listening to Daddy Cool not long ago too [​IMG]