Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by tibboh, Apr 10, 2005.

1. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

A PF trubute band, called Australian Pink Floyd are currently touring UK - any of you been to see them. I have heard they are VERY good, and want to take my daughter to see them to make up for me having to go to a 'System of a Down' concert coming up in Manchester (me poor ears !!!!)

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I heard a couple of Pink Floyd Tribute bands. They are a very popular band in this college town I live in. Some were good others were bad. As far as the one you are talking about, I never heard of them.

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Yeah I've heard "The Machine" is really good. Local radio station is plugging them for some show around these parts.

5. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

Just spoke to my pal, and he has seen aussie pink floyd 3 times in the past (and is going again next month).

Just watched the following link - cool. looks like im on my way (an I thought the only good thing to come out of Os was Fosters)... only joking

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

6. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Not my kinda thing but I was reading about Australian Pink Floyd somewhere the other day and they were highly recommended. but apparently they are quite good:D

7. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

C'mon Marge - cant you just imagine the atmosphere, The old & the bold (and the bald) all swaying side to side and singing their wee hearts out.

Just hope I dont embarass my daughter toooo much!!

8. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Floyd is the best band ever. Period !!

9. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I'd rather stay home with a nice cuppa thanks :lick:

10. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

No need to see a cover band. The boys will be back together for Live 8

11. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

I agree with this. I don't want to see a band that doesn't play its own music... I don't mind for one or two cover songs amongst 10 others... covers can be real good, even better than the original sometimes. I have examples, but that's not the subject here ;)

12. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

yup dreamliner, just heard today that the boys will be together for Live 8 - video recorders at the ready...

Seriously though, I did see the Aussie Pink Floyd last month and they really are good if you are into Floyds music. You cannot replace them, but if you want a nostalgia trip then this it the best one yet.