Pictures not loading

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cellarboy, Oct 7, 2002.

1. cellarboy

cellarboy Guest

I've resently found that when I load a website, most of the pictures don't load until I right-click 'SHOW PICTURE' over them.

I have resently installed Windows XP SP-1, however this may be unrelated.

My connection is Cable Modem and I've used a DNS cache & MTU tweak, but still have the problem.

Any Ideas?

Cellarboy.

Win XP
    Athlon XP 1900+
    GeForce 2

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Go to IE/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. See if 'show pictures' is ticked.

3. cellarboy

cellarboy Guest

RE: Show Pictures

Yes this is checked: Sorry I should have mentioned that some pictures DO load, but most don't and I just get the little red cross.

Cellarboy.

4. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I read somewhere that this is a known bug with SP1 and that supposedly MS is working on a fix for it. I have the same problem but maybe to a lesser degree. Usually it is small icons like those in a forum showing if there are new posts or not that do not appear for me.

5. cellarboy

cellarboy Guest

That sounds promising, however, I do have two other machines running XP and upgraded with SP-1 and they seem fine.

Any Ideas?

6. cellarboy

cellarboy Guest

After trying everthing I knew to sort out this problem, I did uninstall XP SP-1 and this did solve the problem (thanks to dadx2mj for the tip).
    This does however leave me wondering why my other machine didn't suffer the same symtoms after installing XP SP-1, but I'm happy now!

Cheers!