Picture in Start menu?? HOW?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by IceDane, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceDane

IceDane Guest

Hi

Newbie here.... can anyone help me placing a picture in the start menu (when u click on start, the menu rolls out, and all I can see is my name on top of the menu itself). I cannot seem to get a picture next to my login name... seen it done at a friends house... buut I cannot figure it out!. Can u help me? I would really make my day!

TIA!

2. Dory

Dory Was LadySunshine

Go to your Control Panel and click on User Accounts , then Change a user account , then click on your name, in there you can add a picture.

It's one of your options. [​IMG]

3. IceDane

IceDane Guest

Have done that...

but I still cannot see the picture except when logging in. I want the picture to appear next to my name on top of the start menu.... can you help me?

4. Kylie

Kylie Guest

LadySunshine tells it all, I you have done that - thats it!!

5. IceDane

IceDane Guest

Damn...

I think there is some mess with the rag. base... anyone who can help?

6. Speed4Ever

Speed4Ever Guest

Are you running with Luna or classic? In classic, it doesnt show up.

7. IceDane

IceDane Guest

Am running the Lunar version.... don't know

... what to do!

8. Kylie

Kylie Guest

Sorry I have drawn a blank --- wait to see if our more advanced users can offer an alternative

:(

9. saberlight

saberlight Guest

1.What are your logon settings? Are you using Classic style?

2. do you have the desktop set up to look like classic windows?

In those settings you can't do it like that. the only style that works is the windows xp settings. if you want the pictures you have to use the XP blue, silver or Olive green and cannot use the classic style of logons. Those are the only ones that I know of that let you have pictures there.

10. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

As long as your not using the classic menu option, click on Start and then just click on the picture. That will open the change picture properties.

To change from classic start menu to the new style, or vice versa, right click on a blank area of the taskbar> properties> 'start menu' tab. Set it from one to another there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.