Pickle with a ati all in wonder 8500

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by metalhead152, Feb 11, 2005.

1. metalhead152

metalhead152 OSNN Junior Addict

I did a fresh install of windows Xp with SP2 and all is well, with my "all in wonder 8500" in its slot, and windows found all the drivers and there are NO problems in the divice manager its great, but I tried to install The multimedia center
    for the all in wonder (so I can Watch T.v, Ect.) and Stupid me it replaced the drivers that were already installed in the first place and everything screwed up, (kept saying "new hardeware found unknown device") So I reinstalled Xp SP2 and its okay now (with windows drivers installed) but I was wonder ing if there is a way to install the the media center (not the drivers for anything:))?, Also it says that with a 8500 I should Be useing Multimedia Center 9.02/ WDM 6.14.10.6246/ and CATALYST 4.10. nothing later:) Thanks for your help:)
    :)

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Can you choose 'custom install' at all? If so you should be able to untick the driver form loading.

3. metalhead152

metalhead152 OSNN Junior Addict

AH No worries, Heres the process in case any ones intrested.... Got to ati.com, Downloaded Control panel, then installed it, Downloaded Wdm capture, istalled it, Downloaded DAO\MDCA, Installed it, The downloaded Media Center 9-02-0-0...
    EXACT ORDER WORK PERFECTO:)