[PHP] Unexpected $end troubles

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Glaanieboy, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I am currently recoding my songviewer script, all coding is fine (I think), but it keeps giving me this error:
    Line 127 contains a ?>, meaning the end of the script. Can someone take a look at the code and tell me what's wrong?
    http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer/songviewer.phps

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Never mind, I solved it. The link is now dead, that you know it ;) I forgot to end an if statement :doh:

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Heh, that's always what it is when you're closing tag is the line causing the error. Very frustrating when you have a large script to work with and many end statements. Glad you sorted it though :)

4. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

It frustrated me till the bone :mad: I made the fatal error of creating very large script (with some copy -> paste movements) without testing the parts. But I found the error in the end :)D), so I am happy now.

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

this is why I use Maguma PHP Studio, it does the Matchin Braces {} so you can highlight a brace, click the button to find the matching brace and it then highlights the area of code contained within the matching braces, it helps find things like this

6. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I tried maguma, but it's slow for my machine for some reason and it takes quite some time to startup. I'll keep tsWebeditor for now.