PHP Help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Jewelzz, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

2. albybum

albybum Penguin Rancher

I tried to fill out the form and I got this message

It looks like when you submit the script, variables like mime and mime-version are being saved to the data structure "postVars."

The script (code below) tests whether those variables are set. If they are set, trip the spam condition.

So on your second consecutive execution of the script, you will trip the condition. This is protecting against spammers.

PHP:
    if (ereg("mime-version"$postVars) || ereg("mime"$postVars) || ereg("bcc"$postVars) || ereg("cc"$postVars)) {
    mail("jewelzz@studipsp.com""Form Hijack Attempt""A spam relay was attempted from the StudioPSP and was blocked.","From:SpamMonitor");
    echo 
    "<p align='center'>Sorry, you may not spam this website.</p>";
    //No form provided
    die();

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  3. Jewelzz

I want protection against spammers but some people might want to contact the owner more than once, is there a way to fix this?

4. albybum

albybum Penguin Rancher

I was able to just use the back button and resubmit the form. I did not receive any error or spam message from the script. Give this a try.
    Add this to the "Thank You" page.
    -----

Another option would be:

You could check whether the person using the script came from your site or is accessing the script directly from some other location. You could scrap the original spam check.

PHP:
    // Determine if server name is in referer value (ex. is albybum.net in http://www.albybum.net/foo)
    // if expression is not null and not false, allow something
    if(stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])!=""&&$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']!=false)
    {
    // Refferer check ok, do something
    }
    This would be less desired because referer information can be "spoofed" and some legitimate users might be turned away. For instance if someone came to your contact page directly from Google.

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

fixed

Jewelzz likes this.
  6. Jewelzz

Reps to you Khayman, you're my hero!