Photoshop Wind Effect Help?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by rem1x6, Jun 15, 2006.

1. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but you guys are usually good with everything i have a problem with. Well here it goes..

I'm trying to create a wind effect and it won't go the right direction. If you look below i want the wind effect to go up above the letters. Does anybody have an idea how to change the area where the wind is blowing? if i change the direction on blow right side it does the same thing it blows into the letter. I want it to go outside it. Any suggestions on how the wind can be blown outside of the letter?

Attached Files:

• B1.jpg
      B1.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views:
    • B2.jpg
      B2.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Re: Photoshop

do you mean, wind being blow for the rest of the image, and not the text? or what?

*also, should be put in Graphic Design*

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved/title modified.

Please be more specific with your thread titles so the community knows what the thread is about.

4. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

you mean like this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  5. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

Oh sorry, i just want the wind that is blowing only inside the B to go upwards, outside the letters like the picture

Attached Files:

6. Bman

hmm that's abit trickier, I'm pretty sure there is an easier way, but I think you would have to use 2 b letters, make one bigger or smaller, and use the wind affect on one, make it close to what u want....and put it around the other be, trying to make it look like one b.....not sure how well that would work but...

7. lancer

i must be stupid because i have no idea what he is asking for. because i'm sure i could probably do it if i did.

8. Bman

yea it's kinda confusing

9. prinsipe

prinsipe Not Too eXPerienced

how about this?

Attached Files:

10. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

THATS IT! i have no idea how to change where the wind's origin goes! this is so simple usually all you do is just push the wind option, but mine is just weird! i don't know why mine is comming inside the letter instead of going outside of it. but thats the way to do it. How did you do it?

11. Bman

the wind option, usual comes up with the directions....??

12. prinsipe

prinsipe Not Too eXPerienced

You cannot do this in Photoshop (Filter>Stylize>Wind) as the direction are only from left to right and vice versa (though you can rotate), wind direction starts in the inside (always i guess), and there are limited options to play around.

You need to have a separate layer to create the wind effect, and try to cut that layer to suit whatever letter you are working with, I can send you the .psd if you like.....Hope this helps......

13. lancer

i thought that is what is was asking for... well done for doing it.

14. Bman

I'm pretty sure that using the Filter, I could do that, or used to be able too. I don't know, now I'm confused lol

15. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

Argh see in class on regular Photoshop it works, the wind goes outside, however when im at home using my Photoshop CS2 its a whole different ball game. I don't know why it won't do it?! it shouldn't be so complicated.

16. Bman

umm in class, I'm assuming its Photoshop Elements, which is not regular photoshop

CS2 is the normal photoshop