PFC.sys & NVIDIA bits

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Electronic Punk, May 26, 2005.

1. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Been working out some issue with NVIDIA drivers and the DVD decoders with a friend at NVIDIA and managed to get rid of all the errors that appear (sadly the clock still slows down a little with the drivers I have, but that has been the same with any drivers I have leaked thus far... apparently as they are also for laptop machines, we will get that one worked out :))

The NVIDIA DVD Decoders work fine with x64, but do generate an error for a file that is loaded at Windows startup to do with nstant media, keep an eye on the FAQ page for a patch file that should be released soon, or I have it anyway if it isn't

http://www.nvidia.com/object/decoder_faq.html

The only other error that I have is PFC.sys and I don't know what application installed it, the file resides in c:\windows\wow64\drivers\ can anyone tell me if they have this file or not?

I believe it may have been installed with nero but I can't confirm that.

2. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

If I remember correctly, it's Interlink InterVideo/WinDVD that installs it. I think that it's part of the ASPI drivers. For your optical DVD drive.

Heeter

3. Electronic Punk

Not installed that since I went with x64 - it does seem to be some kind of aspi file tho. which is what me think of nero.

4. Heeter

I am looking through my setup here, it is part of the APSI files. But mine got installed with the WinDVD that came with my DVD Burner. For CD's, I use BurnAtOnce, not Nero, for burning. BAO does not install that file.

Sounds like it is a generic type file that all optical drivers use.

Heeter

5. Electronic Punk

I have talked to other x64 users and they don't have the file, so so something has installed it in the wrong place and now it doesn't even load anyway and I have no side affects as such.

Might just remove the file! :)

6. Heeter

I just googled around a bit and found out that if you remove that file, your skin turns green, you grow to about 7' tall and got one bad-a$$ temper, then your tower blows up.

Actually reading around a bit, I noticed that it doesn't have any effect when removed, so I gonna remove mine as well.

Heeter

7. Electronic Punk

No problems so far :)

8. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

The only aspi related file with Nero is wnaspi32.dll