perris's sister needs advice

benay

OSNN Newbie
I love President Bush, what should I do? LOL

Actually, I really could use advice on my website ( www.benaysanimals.com ).

I would like to have keywords with search engines to bring up my site, and don't know how to do that. Words like Animal rental, bird rental, animal trainer, etc.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Benay

hey, that really is my sister!

hi sis!

I think some of these guys will be able to help, good luck

by the way, the name of her company is "benay's birds and animals"

some of the people here will check it out and tell you how to make it load a little faster too

Last edited:
Thread moved.

perris' sis you say? Do you bake?

Anyway. Good start. My only problem is all the animated images. They can and tend to be quite distracting. You don't want to distract the user. You want them to pay attention and read.

You dont need an "under construction" animation - that makes your site look like it fell out of the 90's :p

The green -> yellow gradient is a little odd with the black background you may want to play with that background colour some. set the tables to border="0" too.

Links to the home page, etc should be the first entry on your menu to the left there not an animated gif at the bottom. Email should be left firmly on the contact page really.

Beyond that not a bad start :)

Ok, Im guessing your name is Claire. How did I find gues that?

The home link at the bottom links to file:///C:/Claire/BENAYS/Website/index.htm
as well the farm animals image links to file:///C:/Claire/BENAYS/Website/farmanimals.htm

oddly enough, my sisters name is benay, clair is probably the person that hosts her site, I don't know

my parents had a penchent for unusual names

anyway, can you tell her how to get google searches to bring up her site?

Well "keywords" don't really help much in getting your rankings up in search engines anymore.

There are other ways to get your site up the Google rankings. I recommend following the advice that Google gives to webmasters:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/index.html

Grandmaster said:
Well "keywords" don't really help much in getting your rankings up in search engines anymore.

There are other ways to get your site up the Google rankings. I recommend following the advice that Google gives to webmasters:

that link will help tons, thanx grandmaster, can she also buy words?

I don't think you can "buy" words. If you could people would be bidding millions :p

Here's the best advice I can give: follow the guidelines posted by Google. Most other search engines simply use the same rules as Google.

Also, get in touch with other sites that are similar and exchange links. Links to the site is probably the most important way to quickly move up the rankings.

my friend has a nite club, (billy deans) and he says he buys a word and gets billed per hit...he's not the only person that buys the word and they all get billed per hit so the cost is mitigated

she wants to buy "animal trainer" and have her web site appear in a google search

Last edited:
Well, Thanks for the input. Although I am very happy with my site, I need advice on how to get "hit words" or "Keywords". That's the advice I would really like.

Claire is my webmaster. Did she do something wrong that enabled you to see her name?

I requested that she put Under Construction, as the site is, well, under construction. Is there some other term that is more...2006?

I really appreciate the input. Perris said I would get some help from this group. And as you know, Perris does know everything!

Benay

Grandmaster said:

Thanks! I will check this out. It looks like it may be what I was looking for.

Benay

google adwords - lets you "sponsor" keywords on google itself and anyone that participates in the adsense program - I also have an ebook at work on SEO and google adwords optimisation I'll dig those out and link them for download to whoever wants them at work tommorow (or today rather, got carried away with tomb raider legend :p ).

AS for the underconstion thing - just dont put it anywhere :) websites are constantly evolving beasts and as such "under construction" is not needed nor does it encourage people to use the site :)

Thanks so much for the help. I will work on the under construction thing, and work on the google link.

You guys are great

Benay

i actually like the layout of your site, i'm sure there are things that could be changed, for instance i agree get rid of the under construction thing and also that animated bird is annoying for some reason.

I don't agree with lord regarding the contacts, because the way you have it set up makes it look like a cozy shop, instead of a cold web page. and thats what matters in the end.

One thing i would heavily suggest and this will make the users experience better, would be to have the right bottom section a frame.

So instead of the whole page changing only the section (frame) that actually ever changes would change, allowing the whole experience to be that much smoother.

But otherall i like it a lot.

Also as most people know by now clicking on the top banner takes you to the home page as well, so thats not an issue either.

Lancer: Using frames will make it harder for Search engines to spider the webpage, they are not very fond of having frames.

X-Istence said:
Lancer: Using frames will make it harder for Search engines to spider the webpage, they are not very fond of having frames.

What is a frame? Do I have frames?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back