Permissions do my head in

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mecham, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

OK this is a stupid question and I know the darn answer to the question but, I'm just having a Blonde Day. Logitech drivers work great with Vista for my keyboard and mouse. Oh it's SetPoint drivers by the way, Where was I yeah... Whenever Vista loads it wants me to give permission for Logitech Updates (Unicode) is there a way around this to grant permission to stop this from coming up all the time because its becoming very annoying now.

:mad:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Did you install under the built-in Administrator account or your own account? Also, I thought I read some where that SetPoint was not required for Vista that it had built-in support for new Logitech devices.

You could always disable automatic updating.

3. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

My own account as an Administrator, and the driver do work with Vista it just keeps wanting to grant permission for this file every time I load.

4. madmatt

After checking with a source, Logitech does not have a Vista compatible driver available, not even in public beta. That is probably why you are having this problem.

However, you could try to install as the built-in Administrator (which has more permissions and unrestricted access than your administrator account).

Or you can disable auto update checking.

5. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

I am probably about 45% through learning everything I need to know about Vista at the moment because I am the one who will be writing tutorial manuals for all the staff. :(

Oh sorry I have a really bad habit of not explaining things correctly. I do apologise. There are no Vista driver’s available at the moment but the Windows XP drivers 310 work fine on Vista.

6. madmatt

As my previous post said, my source from within Logitech said the drivers are not designed for Vista and no public beta is available at this time. Even though they may work and you aren't flagged with any compatibility issues there may still be problems (such as the one you are having).

If you do not want to use the native support built-in to Vista then I would disable auto update checking.

7. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

Will do.

Thanks

8. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC Moderator Folding Team

Setpoint isnt available for Vista yet. How are you getting it to work?