Performance Issues

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tinymonkey, May 31, 2004.

1. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

I've had my computer for 2 years, and at the time it was the best out there, it is still now decent but not that great, but it shouldnt be running how it is. I am quite sure it is the video card, and i was looking for a second opinion.

Specs:
    P4 Processor 1.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB
    Windows XP Home
    GEFORCE2 GRAPHIC CARD (i feel outdated :p)

If you think its the video card, what would be a good replacment for UNDER $200.

Thanks,
    tiny

2. Chase™

Chase™ NTFS Noob

is your card a geforce 2 mx400 if so it is a very slow card i would recomend ati 9600 xt or 9600 pro i heard those are both good cards and not that expensive. I will be buying the 9700 pro or the 9800 pro when i get the money :)

3. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

4. syn

syn long live xp0!

im sure you could find a sapphire 9800 pro for under 200 now, i got mine for 185.

5. Chase™

Chase™ NTFS Noob

i wish the prices were like that in canada.. :rolleyes:

6. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

yes its the 400...i remember i was the man when i had that card 2 years ago...how times change...i heard the 9600 xt is the best deal out there for under $200...any other opinions?

thanks,
    tiny

7. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

If you can get hold of a saphire 9800 pro id go with that for obvious reasons..... its better than the 9600xt. (U might consider one of the 10dollar coolers for it but hey thats only 10 dollars! [dont quote me on the price - i just know u can get the artic coolers here in uk for bout 7 pounds and im estimating!])

8. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

approx 13$

9. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict