Pentium 4 Question , NEWBIE

P

psx2000

Ok im debating again over amd or pentium.

Today im going to the store to buy one or the other money aint a issue , performance is.

Now i got a few questions.

Is there any intel board that supports DDR 400?
If there isnt what is the best board out there for a 2.8 p4?
Is a p4 2.8 better then a XP2400?

What i want to do is play unreal 2003 with my radeon 9700 and i got other stuff to that the computer will be used for.

They are both nice boards...I almost bought the P4S8X...but opted out because of price. The 8x AGP is appealing.

Whatever you do don't buy it from byteware. You can pick it up at www.newegg.com for $139 right now.

SiS isn't that good of a chipset maker. good for value, but not performance. for P4, i'd go with intel.. and if you want asus, that'd be the P4T533-C. uses pc1066 rambus. it's an extremely fast board.

but asus' newest one is the P4PE and it looks even better. uses ddr333, which is a little slower, though. it also uses that new hyper-threading junk.

I beg to differ, SIS has made a turn around and now is a very good and fast chip. Faster then you might expect :)

okay, okay.. i stand corrected. :) i was basing it off of my experience with SiS chipsets for amd processors. i don't keep up that much with p4 technology and didn't realize SiS made a name for itself on the other side of the hill.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back