Pentium 4 Question , NEWBIE

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by psx2000, Oct 28, 2002.

1. psx2000

psx2000 Guest

Ok im debating again over amd or pentium.

Today im going to the store to buy one or the other money aint a issue , performance is.

Now i got a few questions.

Is there any intel board that supports DDR 400?
    If there isnt what is the best board out there for a 2.8 p4?
    Is a p4 2.8 better then a XP2400?

What i want to do is play unreal 2003 with my radeon 9700 and i got other stuff to that the computer will be used for.

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

3. psx2000

psx2000 Guest

4. Zodiaq

Zodiaq Guest

They are both nice boards...I almost bought the P4S8X...but opted out because of price. The 8x AGP is appealing.

Whatever you do don't buy it from byteware. You can pick it up at www.newegg.com for $139 right now.

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

SiS isn't that good of a chipset maker. good for value, but not performance. for P4, i'd go with intel.. and if you want asus, that'd be the P4T533-C. uses pc1066 rambus. it's an extremely fast board.

but asus' newest one is the P4PE and it looks even better. uses ddr333, which is a little slower, though. it also uses that new hyper-threading junk.

6. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

SiS is better than ALi

7. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

I beg to differ, SIS has made a turn around and now is a very good and fast chip. Faster then you might expect :)

8. Zodiaq

Zodiaq Guest

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

okay, okay.. i stand corrected. :) i was basing it off of my experience with SiS chipsets for amd processors. i don't keep up that much with p4 technology and didn't realize SiS made a name for itself on the other side of the hill.