peer guardian or protowall

I used peer guardian to create a list of IPs to block and added those IPs into Sygate's advanced rules, then I removed peer guardian from my system, et voila...

Don't know about ProtoWall, but the problem with PeerGuardian lately isn't so much the app, but the size of the blocklist is so huge, any app, including Sygate will slow down. I use Blocklist Manager and download a lot of em, so I am blocking about 2.5 billion IPs, and when exporting the list to Sygate and not running the PG app, then Sygate eats up all my resources. The PG app has gotten much better about this, but if you already run a firewall, then you don't really need to run PG as well unless you want it's connection log, which is handy if you do get busted, you can go back and match the date/time to the IP and submit it to be blocked in future blocklist updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back