PctSpk error: 1063 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rel56, Feb 7, 2006.

1. rel56

rel56 OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi,

I keep getting an error message when I use my computer. I use Windows XP and I've cut and pasted the entire message I get from event viewer below:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PctSpk ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: PctSpk error: 1063, StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed..

I have already replaced all the RAM in my computer with new RAM and I still keep getting this message. I'd appreciate any help I can get from someone on this.

Regards,

Richard

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

The event message itself (event and ID) means that your registry doesn't have the necessary information for the actual problem. This portion is safe to ignore.

However, judging by the information provided with the event ("PctSkp error: 1063 StartServviceCtrlDispatcher failed."), you need to read the following thread and try what Lonman suggests (flashing the BIOS).

3. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Did madmatt really lose it here and forget to include a thread like this? (not sure if that was the one he meant though!)

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I forgot to paste it, sorry. Thanks for covering for me.