PC to T.V.

V

vdubVR6

Anybody know of a good pci/agp card or adapter/converter that isn't to expensive that would allow me to watch movie's that I have on my hard drive(PC) on a tv. I would love to watch my DivX films on my televison. hehe

:D thx for any help.

Okay guy's so is there going to be any software that I would need to be able to convert VGA to NTSC or would the cards do that on there own, and what res./freq. should I set it to, or is there anything special that I need to do? And is the geforce MX series what you suggest? :D

Any MX card with any detonator drivers has really good support for clone/span view

the geforce4 mx's have tv-output (s-video and composite). they have that "clone and span" feature which would let you keep the screen on your monitor and output a different screen (the movie) to your tv.

but if you don't need clone and span and want something cheaper, geforce2's have tv-output as well.

if u watch it on tv u cant select res....i believe it stays at 680x480 i think thats tv limits...but as usual i dunno what im talkin bout:)

i couldnt get res changed with tv output

i run it in clone mode

This might work

Here is what i wish to add:

When I bought my pentium2 many years ago, I got an ATI Rage II + DVD or something close to that name. It’s a 4mb card and can display 800x600@60hz on my 32inch Panasonic gauu. The pictures look great, but the text is horrible in WindowsXP or any windows version. When I run a movie or emulate playstation (runs a bit slow with 4mb card) it looks great. Basically any graphics look nice.
You might be able to find this card in your local computer store dumpster... hope u don't mind sifting through garbage.
COST: Priceless

However, i would go with at least a geforce 3 with tv out.

And here are my questions:

1. Is the bad text thing normal when viewing on TV???
2. Can I display at a higher refresh rate with newer cards (ie: Radeon 9700)

On my TV which is about 1 year old I can get a resolution of 1024 x 768. And you can also choose NTSC or PAL

the highest tv output is at now is 1024x768... and it's not based on your tv at all, but on the tv decoder chip on your video card. mine's older, so 800x600 is the highest i can get. refresh rate defaults to 60hz when outputting to tv, no matter what.

and text will always be hard to read on tv's, unless you switch to 640x480. this is because the tv vertically has 480 lines of resolution so text is somewhat readable. anything higher than 640x480 and lines start sharing pixels and you can't read s--t. unless you have an hdtv with 1080 or 720 lines of resolution.

question: with a gf4ti, can you have 2 monitors and a tv hooked up and all showing different things? like spanned across all 3? or just clone? or can it only be 2 of those outputs at a time?

and when spanning, can you have, say, a divx playing on the tv and be posting on xp-erience with the primary monitor simultaneously?

yeah, same here... but the gf4's have dual-head and such so i'm thinking it might be different.

Thanks for all the help guy's, I knew I could turn to ya'll = ),
So I've come to a point of either getting the ATI 7500/8500 w/ tv out or I'm gonna stick to the gfMX seires, either way I should be happy. Besides it would be a step up from the graphics card I have now, D!@N S3 graphics card sucks. well anyway thanks again guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back