PC Case and Power Supply Question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Wrathchild, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Wrathchild

Wrathchild OSNN Senior Addict

Hey Fo,

I'm in the market for a new case. Most of the cool ones I seen come with 300 Watt power supplys. Do I really NEED more than a 300 watt based on my system specs below? Does anyone know of a really sweet black Mid-tower ATX case that they recommend for less than 150 bones? Also, I'm seeking recommendations for motherboards. I know this is an AMD shop, but I'm not ready to throw away my 2.2 GHz P4 just because it's fasionable to do so. As such, I need recommendations for a P4 board.

Many Thanks,

Wrath

2. cough pentium trash it cough
    thats all i have to say

3. Wrathchild

4. sry didnt mean to be a snob i just hate pentiujm with pation but yah thats a sweet motherboard i have a ak77 pr0 it only handles up to a 1.2 amd but its nice
    i am gona build a godly pc soon im saving up 5000 dollars for one and im gonna pimpify it yes pimpify im spending every penny of that money on it too. oh yah i have a dream. Oh yah nice motherboard

5. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

For a motherboard for the P4 2.2, I would suggest the MSI 845 Ultra. I have been using one with a P4 2.0 and had no probs with it at all.

I have just upgraded to a P4 2.4B and had to buy a new board to run the 533FSB, so I went for the MSI 845E Max2.

Or Gigabyte is another good brand that I have used over the years.

6. Wrathchild

ok then

rock on brotha

7. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

8. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Those are NOT cheap.

9. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

150 bucks exactly and nothing is quieter