PayPal "unclaimed" status?

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have just won an auction this morning for a new Smart Phone, and paid as always as soon as the auction ended. The funds have left my credit card, but are showing up on PayPal as "Unclaimed" on the trasfer to the seller.

I have never seen this before and has always changed to "Completed" instantly - does anyone have any insight as to what this means? I am aware that if it remains at this status for 30-days I recieve the money back, I am just wondering why this is showing...

I think that means their account is not setup to accept credit card payments. If that is the case, they will have to accept or deny it, which more than likely means they will deny it. Some people are setup not to accept them, as it lowers the percentage that paypal takes out.

If that is not the case, you may have typed the e-mail address incorrectly. I think that message may also pop up if the e-mail address you sent it to does not have a paypal account associated with it. But, if you used the payment page through the ebay auction, it was probably the first thing I mentioned.

I would contact the seller directly through the "Ask Seller a Question" option on the auction page itself to get it resolved.

It means they have to accept the payment. Some users only accept funds from a checking account and when you pay using a credit card they have to accept it.

ah, I have just messaged the buyer stating that I will give him/her 7 days to accept payment before I withdraw. Such a pain :(

The questions are:

- Are you sure you typed their email correctly, and used the email they said to send payment too? Sometimes a seller uses a seperate email address for their paypal, then the address registered with Ebay.

It can happen, and I've run into it. But in all those cases, they said right on the auction description itself, how they wanted to recieve payment. I've sometimes gotten an initial email from the seller upon the auction close, asking me to remit payment to this email address instead of their standard one. Sometimes it comes to having multiple accounts, and trying to manage where payment comes from. In other cases they had one paypal account setup to take from checking, and another from a credit card.

- Did they specifically state what method of payment they would except? If they don't say they won't take from paypal unregistered, then you are sort of covered. If they indicate that it can't come from a credit card, then they have you per terms of the auction.

Alternatively, they might prefer to confirm, and might simply be gone for the day. Yeah, emailing them is best, and if after making a good faith effort to pay, having confirmed you followed the details printed on the auction page itself for payment remittal; then you have a point should they try to argue you as a non-paying bidder...

The email isnt an issue because its from eBay, anyway I dont really care now. I got a second chance offer which was cheaper so I took it and that one is completed now so im awaiting delivery.

If this particular case is accepted then I will simply resell the phone :)

I just got a Nokia 6600 with 2x 32MB Memory Cards and Tons of software so woo!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back