Password with new HD!

S

steveklebs

Hey everyone,

I had "My documents" password protected... Since then, windows got corrupted so I made that my d drive and now am using another HD as my c... my only problem though is now I can not access these files. Can someone tell me how I can go about accessing the my docs file off of the d drive

thanks,
STeve

Password protected how? (Program, win encoding, else)

the password protect option in windows built into the properties of my docs

sorry man , no idia.
but I'm a little confused - your windows stoped working so you made the old C: drive to be a D: drive, installed a new harddrive and Instaled windows on it.
what heppend to the old windows?

TTT

Yep that is correct.

I had a HD (old C now D) which windows stopped working. I installed a new HD (now C) and installed windows on that. The current D drive has all my old files on it, along with the corrupt version of XP however I can not acces My Documents in Documents and Settings due to the fact that I had a password on the account.

Anyway I can fix this?

Thanks

Steve
steve@email.ky

Try this>
Save you current contents of my documents in another folder, the one on the C drive. Now right click on the my document folder & select 'cut'. Go to the 'D' drive & paste it where the my document folder is. See if you can get in.

Also try giving the one in c drive password protection, maybe the same password as the one in d drive & try the above.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back