Password Protected Partition?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZAnwar, Mar 2, 2003.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I have 2 partitions right now, C and D. Can I make a partition E and make it password protected considering I have free space?

2. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

if you have xp pro or 2000 then you can if not your fooked just go to folder options in CP and on the view tab uncheck the simple file sharing box then go to the drive and set permissions accordingly it wont set a password so people can still remove it and usse it in another box but thats what encryption is for if you do encrypt please please please back up the certificate so if you clean install then youll have no problems and wont lose a partition of data:)

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I have XP Pro but what certificate you on about?

4. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

they are the certifiactes with the algorithm that the EFS uses to encrypt your files. search in xp help and support for backing up certificates:)

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Try to use some punctuation XP Abuser, that first post was really hard to read. Nice sig btw. :)

ZAnwar:
    - Disable Simple File Sharing
    - Set the permissions on drive E: to only allow you (if that's what you want).

6. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Ok thanks Zedric, I will try that!

7. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

sorry zedric im aware of the problem and sometimes i cant read them properly myself.

its being out of skool and typing faster than light thats caused this.

soz its a bad habit, gotta get out of it.

:(

8. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

cheers for the sig compliment. bored at time of production:)