Password Protected Partition?

Z

ZAnwar

I have 2 partitions right now, C and D. Can I make a partition E and make it password protected considering I have free space?

if you have xp pro or 2000 then you can if not your fooked just go to folder options in CP and on the view tab uncheck the simple file sharing box then go to the drive and set permissions accordingly it wont set a password so people can still remove it and usse it in another box but thats what encryption is for if you do encrypt please please please back up the certificate so if you clean install then youll have no problems and wont lose a partition of data:)

they are the certifiactes with the algorithm that the EFS uses to encrypt your files. search in xp help and support for backing up certificates:)

Try to use some punctuation XP Abuser, that first post was really hard to read. Nice sig btw. :)

ZAnwar:
- Disable Simple File Sharing
- Set the permissions on drive E: to only allow you (if that's what you want).

sorry zedric im aware of the problem and sometimes i cant read them properly myself.

its being out of skool and typing faster than light thats caused this.

soz its a bad habit, gotta get out of it.

:(

cheers for the sig compliment. bored at time of production:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back