partitions

thanks, one more question though.

What do I do about the Program Files folder? Its automaticaly there when I install windows and if I want to create seperate folders for everything I dont need the Program Files folder. Is it possible to delete it?

Thanks

no you cant delete program files folder
you do need it

you could create an extra program files folder & name something different like ~ my apps ~ & install everything to that

your original program files folder will still be in use though

2 Z - I have checked into an external drive - but I would also have to get a new pci card to upgrade to USB 2.0. I can't see getting a new 80 gig 7200 rpm drive that's capable of 450 MBps and running it on USB 1.1 at about 12MBps. So I guess it is almost a matter of economics - I can buy a whole bunch of cd-r's for that money!!!!

Thanks for the thought!

I never stopped & thought about the economics
your right is an expensive solution
being as bone idle as I am its well worth the bit extra to me

:p

You know - I could almost just go out and buy the full version of XP ( since I understand an upgrade on an OEM installed XP will not work) for just about the same price and then I could do whatever I wanted to with my HP and would have an XP cd to use like HP should have given me anyway - but I guess that's another thread! :rolleyes:

I upgraded from ME to XP on OEM with no problems although you should still do a clean install.

I understand the problem is because I already have XP OEM installed and would be upgrading to XP! Also did you have an ME cd?

Does that make any sense??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back