Parenting - Need info.

MdSalih

The Boss
Got an english exam tomorrow - some aspects of it is gonna be around parenting - have been given a sheet with some quotes on it about people and their impressions of parenting.

I really admire my parents. When they were children life was really tough. They didn't have the comfort and security they've given me. I'm going to college/University next october and its all thanks to their hard work and encouragement.

Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever do they forgive them - (Oscar Wild)

"Dad really was embarrasing the first time I took my girlfriend home to meet him. He was sitting watching T.V. wearing bell bottom jeans, a white vest, baseball cap and sun glasses. As soon as he saw Emma he jumped out of his seat, held out his hand and drawled 'Hi, Emma.' I thought I'd die".

Thats some of the quotes off the sheet I've been given. What I need is more information about parenting - from both viewpoints - childs & parents in the form of essays/prose etc - just informative.

Done some google searches - but its quite hard to find some good stuff on it - anyone else who wants to give google a go... please do.

Thanks.

MdSalih

I'll get back to you in a minute...gotta go beat the little ****s.

THAT WAS A FRIGGIN JOKE!!!! I love my kids. I love parenting. I love beer. These three things are directly related.

The first complete sentence my now 11 year old said was "Go away, die!"

I am not kidding.

That was a good day!

Preteen years: The best thing about having two boys and a girl is having a girl.

Teen years: There is nothing good about having two boys and a girl.

I can't really say anything other than my son is turning 2 this month. When they say the "terrible two's" they really mean it. But I love being a parent, not because he is my son but he has helped me to see the world in his eyes and not in mine.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
What exactly are you looking for?
Looking for any material giving me information linked to parenting...

mainly pros/cons - experiences... such as when yer small you keep thinking "stop looking over me" - when you grow up you realise what its all about - things like that

I don't have any exact ideas as to what my exam is gonna be about - just have been given a hint that it will have a mention on parenting - so generally anything in that field.

MdSalih

Off to bed now - got the exam in about 8 hours... will have a look here before I go in tomorrow.. would greatly be appreciated if anyone comes up with any more stuff.

Thanks

MdSalih

Originally posted by MdSalih
Looking for any material giving me information linked to parenting...

mainly pros/cons - experiences... such as when yer small you keep thinking "stop looking over me" - when you grow up you realise what its all about - things like that

I don't have any exact ideas as to what my exam is gonna be about - just have been given a hint that it will have a mention on parenting - so generally anything in that field.

MdSalih

I think the successful parents are those who strike a balance between being strict and letting the child run their own life - let them make their own decisions, but simply guide them in the right direction. I think although it isnt easy (especially when they're in their teens), but parents have to try an keep talking with their kids about everything - I think most teens shout out at their parents because they think they dont understand... its definitely one thing I realised when I started going out with my gf who's got 3 kids already. One more thing I know is that I really should've worked harder in school for the GCSEs and the GNVQ... and I only realise that cuz I'm in a job with a pretty poor wage - shame I didnt realise this would happen at the age of 14 init?

hope you get this in time and its of use to you...
best of luck in the exam :)

cheers m8 - exam was piece of cake - much easier then I expected :)

Thanks to all those who posted up info :)

MdSalih

Originally posted by jonifen
shame I didnt realise this would happen at the age of 14 init?

I don't think you really realize much at the age of 14. I know I was too busy having fun with my brother and friends at that age.

You had fun without me Funky ? :eek:

My daughters who's 16 has been grounded for 2 weeks and has been allowed out tonight with a stern warning!
You don't really know what to do to punish kids cause you don't want to be too soft on them but you don't want to be too hard either......Oh it's a hard life being a parent.
I'm just discovering what MY parents went through with me and my brother :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back