Pagefile

S

silky62678

I heard that if u move the pagefile to a partition that the OS is not on, u will see better performance. Is that true? and do u REALLY see a differnece in performance ?

no.

once your pagefile is defragmented, a separate partition on your hardrive is almost redundant, since the pagefile is a container file.

there is (according to Microsoft), a bench markable improvement in pagefile performance if you move the pf to a faster less used hardrive, but this is definitely not going to be a practical noticeable difference to the vast majority of users

so, if you move the pf to a faster , less used hardrive, you might see better performance, but even this best case scenario perfomance boost is not likely to be noticeable or even measureable for most users

in most users situations, the amount of paging actually done is probably not much at all... this is almost definitely not worth the overhead for most of us

:) I guess everyone knew I'd be in here as soon as I saw the pagefile title of the topic.

remind me how we know each other, so we can remeniss ...I love to reminisce

Right here. You taught me some pretty good stuff. You're the Holy Crusader of the Royal Order of the Pagefile Misinformation Ministry. And stuff. By the way, as High Lord of Spelling, I must say that your second "reminisce" was correct.

Also, I used PSP to make myself a new sig and avatar, so you probably have no visual memory of me.

it seems I am, doesn't it.

so few people understand what the pagefile does, that I guess I got a fetish for trying to give as many people the correct information as possible

on most other matters, there are plenty of people with good and current information.

when it comes to the pf, ewveryoine seems to have brought forward their dos information as if it were still true with nt.

sad to say.

hey...good to see you sticking around

insert smiley here,as I'm in quick reply, and I don't want to get a smiley

thanks for the tip dealer, there are so many hints about the pagefile it's good to get some reasonable advice for a change!

hmm dealer you maybe need to write a book about the pagefile ;)

Originally posted by sboulema
hmm dealer you maybe need to write a book about the pagefile ;)

Heck, you might as well have your own section called "Ask Dealer." I'm sure that would turn out to be pretty informative... and entertaining. :D

Ask Dealer... I like it!

Does moving the pagefile make a difference when using your computer for Photoshop? Sorry if you've answered this before, but seen as you love answering questions...

What would you recommend for someone with 1 partitioned, but hoping to get 80GB fast, hard drive, soon? I dont know if you need to know my spec or not, but
40GB Seagate HD (partitioned ~8GB for OS, 30GB for storage)
Athlon XP 2200
256MB Crucial PC2700 Ram

I don't have photo shop.

were gonna have to get the anser from someone that does

also try the photo shop forum boards

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back