Page Fault in Nonpageable area

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Kieran Zund, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Kieran Zund

Kieran Zund Guest

Add another to my growing list of computer problems... here's whats going on:

I'm learning Java in school, and whenever I finish compiling and running, and then go to shut down the program, my computer, running WinXP Pro, generates it's version of the blue screen of death. The message is "Page Fault in Nonpageable Area"... or something very similar. I only get a flash of it, and my comp only does it on certain programs. Any ideas how to make this stop?

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Have a look here: Link

3. Kieran Zund

Kieran Zund Guest

Wild. I'd searched MS's site before, but there's nothin' in the knowledge base. Thank you SOOOO much for that! :D

4. Kieran Zund

Kieran Zund Guest

Ok... now, is there any way to get that blue screen of death to stay up long enough for me to look for a filename? As it is now, it just blinks and the comp starts rebooting. Please help!

5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Control Panel --> System --> Advanced Tab --> Startup and Recovery --> Settings --> Untick "Automatically Restart".

6. Kieran Zund

Kieran Zund Guest

Thanks, now I know what the file is, and I have a good idea of what's causing it in Java... now, the question is, should I take this to the drivers forum or the Programming forum... and I'm not just musing, I really need opinions.

The problem:

Java's graphics package is causing a trip in my ATi Mobility Radeon 9000. So, where do I move this?