Packare Bell Computers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by paul2-0-0-2, Sep 8, 2002.

1. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

wats ur appion on these i have 1 and it's fine just gone a bit slow for some reason lol

the reason i'm asking is cause people have been saying thier **** and the crapest computers to buy

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Personally I would never but any sort of 'brand name' computer. Find someone you can trust to put together a combo that outstrips brand names in every way. Components & performance.
    My 2c.

3. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Mine as well

:cool:

4. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

lol i at to have 1 from PC-World cause when my Acer died on me after 4 years they gave my mom a voucher for money cause it was insured so they at to and i at to go there to get a new 1 and i got these 1 but people have been saying thier **** and that

5. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

I used to be dead set against a "name brand" system. But they way I look at it now is that a "working" computer is a "good" computer :D

"brand name" PC's just put to much unneccessary software on them.

Chandman, I do not mean to pick on your english because chances are that it is your second language. But your posts are very hard to read. I just want to ask if you would take an extra minute to re-read them after you write them to ensure they make sense. This will help everyone. Once again, I am not trying to be mean or anything, just looking out for you. Thanks bud!

6. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

lol ok cant spel very good

7. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

it's ok

spel = spell

got you

:cool:

8. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

9. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

lol that's just txt writeing failed a piece of ICT course work cause of that lol

10. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i hate packard bell! they really suck!!! i had one and it was pentium1 233mhz and it sucked!!!! i hat ed it so much, it weighed so much and was shitty :p

11. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

i have to agree with almost :p

12. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

lol the worst brand name computers are compaq and gateway, cuz they have no way of upgrading, gateway even rips out the agp ports of their mobo's...imagine:p, i had a Packard Hell for 2.5 years, worked fine for me but it got a little slow when i put XP on it, i overclocked it (AMD K6-2 450 mhz) to 550 mhz by changing jumpers and everything, but i got really sick of it so i bought a new µATX mobo from Aopen and a Celeron 1.3 (now at 1.48) and it works as a sunshine on a summersday:D

13. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

i have a gateway and there is an agp port on it. i am using it. i have upgraded the grafix card, the ram, hard drives, windows, put a tv card in it, different network card, put a cd burner in it. they are def. upgradeable bud

Brad

14. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

well that's not what i've heard, a friend of mine has a celeron 1.2 ghz, all jumpers are ripped out, the agpport also, bios is blocked and it's not possible to upgrade it, the case has somekind of unknown format, ATX doesn't fit, µATX and babyATX also don't fit,
    for the rest of it it's almost impossible to upgrade the bloody thing....

15. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

that must be something new then..... i got mine in 2000

Brad

16. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

probably

17. cooldip

cooldip Guest

I saw the title and thought "now this is going to be a good joke". LMAO @ Packare Bell . I thought they were all dead and gone. :):)

18. Clean_Rich

Clean_Rich Guest

Personally, I don't think you nearly as much for your money buying a name system like Dell as opposed to building your own. I'm building a system for my brother at the moment and it's gonna cost him under $300.00 to get a pretty decent AMD 1800+ system. That excludes things like monitor, keyboard, ect. which i will be taking from his old system. If you hunt, you can find components that are not the latest and greatest but still pretty damn good for dirt cheap. I would NEVER buy a name system unless they were practically giving it away.

19. jrcairo

jrcairo OSNN Addict

I have been building computer for the past year and one half, mostly for friends and family, and like you said Clean Rich: doesn't cost more than $500, (everything) a pretty decent machine where you can play the latest games and may last more than a name brand one, but I sure miss my Packare Bell ( Our First computer we never forget!!! :eek:)) (Hey! that's a good thread isn't????)