P3 board

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Krux, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I need a decent P3 mother board for about 50 bucks or less if possible. I own a P2 system but I have never built an Intel machine b4 so all your Intel guru's out there can you lend me a hand?

thanks

2. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

abit had a very sweet lineup for the PIII's, I would just go with something in their lineup.

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Are you looking for a Slot-1 board or a Socket-370?

My desktop is a Slot-1 P3, and I have an ASUS P3B-f.
    It's an AWESOME board, and was, in fact, considered to be the best one at that time.

Even if you're looking for the newer Socket-370 boards, I'd definitely recommend an ASUS board. Top-of-the-line features, and they last REALLY long.

4. jumpy

jumpy Guest

What P3 is it going to be? If it's a tualatin p3, i'd recommend either the ASUS TUSL2-C or Gigabyte 6OXET (very hard to find). I think both of these are considered the two best tualatin boards for p3's/celeron's.

5. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

socket 370 P3 800

I think there is there is something wrong with the current one I have because it will only register upto 128mb of ram per slot and it won't boot properly 2 dif hard drives and 3 dif sticks of ram and it has the same issue and I thought it wierd it was only seeing 128mbs a stick when they where 256mb. 384 seems way low for a P3 board to support

6. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

thats why I asked for help I can't seem to find any online that are "in stock" and im not willing to pay a 100+ dallrs for an outdated board.

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

8. jkipk

jkipk OSNN Addict

fwiw, my dad's got a pIII 450 gateway machine that has 3x 128mb slots. don't remember the exact specs but we've come a long way in a short time, baby....

kip

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey