over 2TB!

How much total does one of those racks cost?

JJB

the rack itself? just bare bones, no goodies, physical rack itself is like $1400, depending on the type of packaging you want it shipped in.

the compaq proliant cluster server was $4400, including RAM

each of the compaq proliant DL280 G2 servers (5) were $3100

2 smart array controller cards for the 2 RAIDs were $450 each

the 28 72GB 10,000 RPM Ultra3 SCSI hot-swappable drives were $670 each (14 per RAID)

add another 20-25 36GB 10,000 RPM Ultra3 SCSI hot-swappable drives at $380 each

add 2 APC UPS's and 2 KVMs, plus flat-panel monitor/keyboard trays, and software, the total is over $50,000 for both. or thereabouts :)

Dude that's the biggest collection of mp3s i have ever seen in my life, and u got no Pearl Jam in there!!!

And how'd u get that pic of my g/fs ass? :p

hmm, strange, i've got Pearl Jam's best/classic (Ten), it shoulda been in there somewheres...i'll have to double-check it when i get home in a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back