Outlook problem/query.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by CrackDown, Sep 2, 2002.

1. CrackDown

CrackDown Guest

I have this PC on a network, that is running Windows NT 4, and has Office XP installed. It is on Microsfot Exchange Server 2000. (quite a combination eh?) Well, whenever I recieve an e-mail with an attachment in the body of the email, and I right-click the attachment, I don't get the "Save As.." option. However, if there is an attachment in the title of the email, then I do (In attachments, below the title). I know how I can get around this by simply opening the attachments and saving them or copying them over to the desktop, but what I want to know is why I don't have the option to save as? is it a security thing? Or just because I am running different versions of MS applications?

I'd be grateful for an explanation thanks, or anyway to work around it. All info appreciated.

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Thats just a security thing. Since Outlook and Outlook Express are most susecptable to email viruses, MS trys to implement "security", which is usually either a huge pain in the ass for the user and easily broken by next-gen viruses

JJB