Outlook or Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sy64004, Apr 24, 2002.

1. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

I'm currently running Outlook 2000, but it's got loads of stuff I never use. Whats the difference between the 2 and which is best if all I use is mail??

I'm feeling kinda stupid writing this as I'm now thinking that Expres would be the best, but I'm just after a few opinions
  2. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

I just started using Outlook2002,,, And I must admit I don't use any more features than in Express...
  3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Yeah, same here. I gave it a try. Didn't really need the extras.
  4. MAC

MAC Guest

Outlook is really nice when it comes to system migration and backup. Do a search for *.pst and backup this one file and all your mail is saved. If you change over to another system it is quick and easy to import the old pst into the new one. Still it is true that most of us do not fully use more than 20% of the features.
  5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

I prefer Outlook for the calander, early alzheimers lol i need a calander to remind me of things. even then I forget
  6. ModestCargo

ModestCargo Guest

I use Outlook 2002, and I must admit that Outlook Express has many of the features Outlook has. However, I would still reccomend Outlook 2002. If you don't need a feature... Well, just don't use it. If it's something like the journal or the calander, just delete that shortcut from the Outlook bar.
  7. ModestCargo

ModestCargo Guest

Whoops, I guess you're talking about Outlook 2000. Oh well, they're practically the same thing anyway.
  8. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    I prefer Outlook XP and think it is much easier to use. I also think it's much easier on the eyes and more organized than OE.
  9. ModestCargo

ModestCargo Guest

I agree with madmatt. Note that Outlook XP is the same as 2002.
  10. DoubleClick

DoubleClick Guest

I like Outlook XP however it doesn't do newsgroups, so until then i'll stick with Outlook Express 6.
  11. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

Thanks all for the help. Is Outlook XP available for download or pay only??

Worht a try isn't it??
  12. ModestCargo

ModestCargo Guest

Outlook 2002 is included with Office XP, which is a pay program. And yes, Outlook 2002 does do newsgroups. Just search for "newasgroups" in help.