Outlook Express Backups

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by andre9540, Jul 15, 2002.

1. andre9540

andre9540 Guest

WEll its that time again to reformat thy old drive and my main hassle is setting up outlook accounts over and over with all the passwords and what not........

is there a way to back up the accounts to maybe a cdr or something.......anything:( :( :(
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    Why not use the XP Migration option available by inserting the XP CD-ROM. Once the auto-load loads, you will see migration. Simply click this option. By doing the above, XP will save all your user settings, email, address book, etc. Good luck.
  3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Also in OE itself you can go to file\export\address book & tools\accounts\export. Both will probably fit onto a floppy. To install the settings again go to the same places & choose import.
  4. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

You can also move your message folders off your Windows installation drive:

Tools>Options>Maintainance>Store Folder tab

I did this for the first time before my latest clean install and it made me feel stoopid for not having found it before.

After your clean install just go back to the same steps to point Outlook Express back to your folders on your second drive.

Tools>Accounts>Export will let you back up your accounts one at a time, complete with passwords, if that's how you've got them set up now.