Outlook Express Attachments

H

holden304

I am hopeful someone can please help. My customer has Windows XP Home and is using Outlook Express SP1 for email. He has been unable to open attachments. I suggested the unchecking of the now famous "Do not allow attachemnts to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" check box, which has solved this problem for every other customer who has struck it. However on this occasion the check box and option mentioned are faded and unable to be accessed. Can anyone please recall this situation with XP Home SP1 and what they did to fix it? Are there any settings details I need to provide to obtain help? Any assistance would be much appreciated as I have not met with the situation where that option was faded out before.

Never seen the problem before but it could be a setting on the anti virus.

Yes, the customers is running Norton Antivirus 2002, updated with latest updates. I am also running similar setup although XP Pro SP1 with NAV 2002. I have been unable to replicate the problem on my system. Thanks for reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back