Outlook Express and Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TheDcn, Nov 2, 2002.

1. TheDcn

TheDcn Guest

I'm having a time trying to send any e-mail attachments over 30kbs or so. I have talked to my IP - earthlink - and after going through all sorts of trail and error testing they tell me it's a Outlook/Outlook Express problem. I'm not buying that. I think I may have setup, not set up something in Windows XP.
    Has anyone experienced this problem after installing Windows XP pro? Any suggestions/help will really be appreciated.

Thank you

the deacon

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have you done an upgrade to xp or a clean install? Does it happen in both OE & MO? Do you do any tweaking before this started?

3. TheDcn

TheDcn Guest

HIpster, I have been having some fun with this one. Ended up doing a complete fresh install. Even reformatted my HD (needed it anyway).
    An outgoing e-mail with attachment of any size will go to about 35% then stall and timeout on Outlook Express. On MO it goes to aorund 50% the will timeout. Have jacvked my timeuot to 3.5 min and it still dies. Havew not done any tweaking.

Regards

The Deacon

4. Hipster Doofus

I'd be looking at your isp if it is happening after a clean install. If they reckon it is not them try this. Open OE/tools/options/maintanence. Go down to trouble shooting & tick mail. Probably wouldn't hurt to tick them all. Then send an attachment, wait for it to fail then check the log. Only one tiny problem. I don't know where the log will end up or what it is called. :rolleyes:

5. TheDcn

TheDcn Guest

Followup, and for what it's worth. After hours of running all sorts of troublshooting decided to try another modem. Pulled the Intel(R)536EP V.92, and installed a Lucent V.92/V.44 56kPCI.
    It solved the problem. Duno what the odds are for a bad modem but I was blessed with one.

6. Hipster Doofus

Now if only we could all remember these 'fixes'. Life would be sweet. Good to hear you nailed it. :)