Outlook 2003 Signatures

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by makzan, Aug 2, 2005.

1. makzan

makzan OSNN One Post Wonder

I am having trouble adding signatures to Outlook 2003. I have created them, but when I go to insert, there is nothing there. I have tried going to Insert > AutoText > Signature, but they don't show up there.
    Does anyone know what's going on?

2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

According to my Outlook 2003 its Insert>Signature>SignatureName, I dont see an AutoText option in View.

In the signature editor, does it show the signature (preview)?

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

If you have already created your signature, you want to click on Tools, Options. Under the "Mail Format" tab, near the bottom it has options for Signatures. You want to select your signature for both new messages and replies, then click OK. This will automatically insert them for future use.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

That only inserts your name (as entered during the Outlook profile setup or under Word Options).

5. Admiral Michael

thats for automatically attaching a signature. I think it has something to do with the actual signature.

no no no, by signaturename I meant the name you gave the signature. Thats why its in italics.

So for me its Insert>Signature>Firefox

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I am using Word as my e-mail editor. I always forget that you don't have to use Word. My apologies.

7. kcnychief

I'm still kinda confused, what editor are you using to send e-mail?

MadMatt mentioned it isn't Word, are you using something else?

8. Admiral Michael

Well theres outlook or word to handle the creation of mew mail (rather a "plugin" if word). If my memory is correct, word is the default option. You can check this by going to Tools>Options>Mail Format in the main outlook window and checking if Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit....

The signatures option is on that tab as well. To create on you can either types it directly in outlook or it will open notepad (or possibly your default html editor) to edit the html code directly. (Which if you make more organized will mess it up again. DAMN I hate that!

9. Admiral Michael

So back the the inital problem.

In the signature editor the signature shows up ok in the preview message right? What does this signature contain? text? images? both?

10. kcnychief

Yeah, I understand all that. Just not too sure with what the problem is.....