Outlook 2002

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by PseudoKiller, Feb 13, 2003.

1. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I am curious if there is a way to export a person email account settings for Outlook 2002 into a file so then it can be imported back into Outlook 2002. I am going to reformat and reinstall Win XP and the whole # ! and I have 6 different email account settings in there. It would be nice to just import the settings and be done with it... ??

2. jroc

jroc Guest

3. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Backing up the email is not the problem... I want to back up and be able to restore the email settings... ie Username, password, inbound and outbound mail servers etc.

4. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

5. gajef

gajef OSNN Addict

For transfering the account settings (e.g. username/password/server info) you could try to use the Windows XP Util 'Files and Settings Transfer Wizard' which should be located at the 'accessories\system tools' Start Menu...

I've not actualy used this myself... But it should (if i believe the MS sell-talk) do what you want. :)

Gert-Jan

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

nope... I checked both suggestions and neither will let me export the email account settings.
    I have 7 different emal account in Outlook 2002. I know Outlook Express will let me export and import the account settings. Its weird, I think there has to be a way. :(

7. damnyank

8. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

YES YES YES... oh I mean kewl.. :D I think that one is gonna work Damnyank thanks

9. damnyank

I was thinking there had to be a way - sure hope it works out for you!:cool: